Antonio’s Zuppa di Pesce
All ingredients are available in the market.
- 1 jar Antonio’s Marinara Sauce (Antonio’s Arrabiatta Sauce for spicy!)
- 8 ea Large Scallops, Foot Removed
- 8 ea Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 12 ea Littleneck Clams, Purged and Scrubbed
- 1 lb White Fish (Swordfish, Grouper, Snapper, etc.)
- 1 lb Calamari, Tentacles Halved, Tubes Sliced Lengthwise
- 2 cups Fish Stock (Chicken stock also works)
- 1 cup White Wine (Only cook with wine that you will drink!)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Garlic, Sliced
- 1/4 cup Basil, Chiffonade
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat.
2. Sear the scallops until golden brown, flip and lightly cook the other side, set aside.
3. Lower the heat to medium-low, add the rest of the olive oil and the clams.
4. Once the clams open, pull them out, one by one and set aside.
5. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add the white fish, calamari, shrimp, Antonio’s sauce, fish stock and basil.
7. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add the mussels, clams and scallops.
9. Cook until the mussels open.
10. Serve with warm bread or over your favorite pasta!