Zucchini and Tomato Bake
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus more for Drizzling
1 ea Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
1 ea Onion, Sliced
1 lb Zucchini
1 lb Tomatoes
2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
1 tsp Dried Herbs De Provence
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Spread over the base of a 12inch shallow baking dish.
5. Cut the tomatoes crosswise into 1/4inch thick slices.
6. Cut the zucchini diagonally into slice into 1/2inch thick.
7. Arrange alternating rows of zucchini and tomatoes over the onion mixture.
8. Sprinkle with herbs, cheese, salt and pepper.
9. Drizzle with olive oil, then bake for 25 minutes.
10. Serve hot.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue