Wine Braised Chicken
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Whole Chicken, Approximately 3 lbs, Cut into 8 pieces
3 ea Garlic Cloves, Whole
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups White Wine
Fresh Parsley Leaves, For Garnish
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the whole garlic cloves and sauté until golden.
3. Remove the garlic.
4. Add the chicken pieces and sear them on all sides, turning several times.
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Add enough wine to the skillet to cover the chicken.
7. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, turning the chicken twice during that time.
8. Add more wine or water if the pan dries out.
9. When the chicken is cooked through, sprinkle with parsley.
10. Serve hot.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue