Serves 24 Biscuits
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 cup Sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
2 to 3 cups Flour
1 ea Egg, Beaten
1 cup Anglianico or Red Wine of your liking
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combing the wine, sugar and oil, mix well.
3. Add the baking powder and stir.
4. Slowly add the flour until a workable dough is formed.
5. Roll the dough into small logs, about 5inches long.
6. Roll into a twist or a coil.
7. Place on a grease baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Brush the beaten egg on top of each biscuit.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. All to cool and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue