Wild Mushroom Ragout
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
1 ea Onion, Diced
1 ea Carrots, Diced
1 ea Celery stalk, Diced
1/4 lb Butter
1/2 cup Red Wine (Only cook with what you will drink)
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 lb Assorted Wild Mushrooms
2 cups Chicken Stock
Parsley or Chives, Minced (Optional, for garnish)
Method of Preparation
1. In a large sauté pan, melt butter.
2. Add onion, carrots and celery and sweat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and mushrooms.
4. Deglaze the pan with the red wine.
5. Add the stock and cook until desired consistency of sauce.
6. Season with salt and garnish with parsley or chives.
Orlando Leisure Magazine, November December 2006 Issue