Whole Roasted Branzino
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Whole Branzino (12-14oz each)
1 tbsp extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ea Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 Fennel Bulb, Thinly Shaved
3 ea Shallots, Sliced
1 ea Orange, Segmented
1 ea Lemon, Sliced into three 1/8inch slices
6 ea Thyme Sprigs
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse the fish thoroughly inside and out under cold water.
3. If fish was not thoroughly scaled, remove the scales by running a spoon along the length of the scaled area, from the tail toward the head.
4. In a bowl, mix together the garlic, shallots, thyme, fennel and orange.
5. Put the mixture into the cavity of the fish and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place the fish on a hot grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
7. Remove from the grill and place in a frying pan with the olive oil.
8. Top the fish with the lemon slices and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, June 2011 Issue