Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Watermelon, about 3 quarts
2 cups Sweet Onion, Finely Chopped
1 1/2 cups Celery Hearts, Finely Chopped
1 1/2 cups Cucmber, Peeled, Seeded and Diced
1/2 cup Mint, Finely Chopped
1/2 cup Parsley, Finely Chopped
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne
For the Dressing:
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Mustard
Method of Preparation
1. Pulse 2 quarts of watermelon in a blender, do not puree and keep some texture.
2. Chop the remaining watermelon into 1inch pieces.
3. Mix the blended and chopped watermelon together.
4. Combine with all other ingredients (except those for the dressing) and mix well.
5. For the dressing: mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well blended.
6. Add half to the watermelon mixture, add more if necessary.
7. Serve in water goblets.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue