Warm Chickpea Salad with Rosemary Oil
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 cups Canned Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Onion, Diced
1 Garlic Clove, Diced
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice, Divided
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Rosemary, Diced
1/4 tsp Basil, Dried
2 tbsp Italian Parsley, Diced
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan.
2. Add the rosemary, onion, garlic, vinegar and basil.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the chickpeas and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
5. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
6. Remove from the heat, add the remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper.
7. Top with parsley.
8. Serve warm.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue