Walnut and Black Pepper Crusted Sole
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 cup (4oz) Walnut Pieces, Toasted
6 ea Fish Pieces, 6oz Each (Sole, Halibut, Flounder, Etc.)
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
Fresh Parsley, Minced, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Place walnuts, pepper and salt in a food processor.
2. Pulse until mixture is powdery, not damp.
3. Transfer to a shallow pan.
4. Place pieces of fish into the nut mixture, turn to coat evenly.
5. Set fish aside.
6. Coat a skillet with oil and place over medium-high heat.
7. When very hot, add fish and seat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
8. Serve immediately with fresh parsley.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue