Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 lbs Small Clams
2 ea Garlic Cloves
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1 ea Chili Pepper, Chopped
1/4 cup Parsley, Finely Chopped
Sea Salt and Rose Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Rinse the clams well, removing the sand and any broken ones.
2. If sand still remains, let sit in a bowl of cold water until they release the sand, then rinse well again.
3. In a large sauté pan, warm the olive oil.
4. Add the garlic and chili pepper and sauté until brown.
5. Add the clams and white wine.
6. Cover the pan and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the clams open.
7. Once they are cooked, remove from the pan.
8. Garnish with parsley and season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue