Vegetable Medley in Puffy Pastry Shells
Serves 12 Shells
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Vegetable Stock
12 ea Puffy Pastry Shells, Frozen
1 ea Scallion, Thinly Sliced
1 ea Zucchini, Cut into Cubes
1 ea Eggplant, Peeled and Cut into Cubes
1 ea Yellow Bell Pepper, Remove seeds and Cut into Cubes
1 ea Red Bell Pepper, Remove seeds and Cut into Cubes
2 ea Plum Tomatoes, Diced
2 tbsp Basil, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
3. Add the eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini and stock.
4. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
7. Transfer the vegetable to a bowl.
8. Mix in the scallion, basil and tomatoes.
9. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
10. Fill each puff pastry shell with the vegetable mixture.
11. Arrange on a baking sheet, place in the oven and bake until the shells are golden.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue