Veal Cutlets in Fricassea
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
12 ea Veal Cutlets, 2oz Each, Lightly Pounded
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Garlic Clove, Whole
1 ea Egg Yolk
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1 cup Chicken Stock, Divided
1 tbsp Rosemary
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Season the veal with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet with high sides, warm the olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Add the garlic clove and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Remove and discard the garlic.
5. Add the veal to the skillet.
6. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
7. Add the rosemary and wine.
8. Simmer until the liquid evaporates.
9. Remove the veal cutlets from the skillet and keep warm.
10. Add half of the chicken stock to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
11. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
12. Turn the heat to low.
13. Slowly add the egg mixture to the skillet while constantly whisking.
14. Do not bring to a boil or scramble the yolk.
15. Cook over low heat until the sauce is smooth and creamy, approximately 5 minutes.
16. Return the veal to the saucepan and cook until heated through.
17. Serve immediately.
18. Goes great over roasted potatoes!
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue