Turkey Breasts Alla Modenese
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 slices Turkey Breasts
1 ea Egg
3 tbsp Breadcrumbs
2 oz Butter, Unsalted
4 slices Parma Prosciutto
3 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Thinly Sliced Shavings
1 ea Onion
1/2 lb Tomatoes
Freshly Ground Black Peppe
Method of Preparation
1. Using a meat cleaver pound the turkey breasts until flat.
2. Rub with salt.
3. Heat the butter.
4. Dip the turkey slices first in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown.
5. Melt remaining butter in a second skillet and sauté onion.
6. Boil tomatoes until soft enough to remove skin and cut into pieces.
7. Mix tomatoes with butter and let simmer.
8. Top each turkey slice with 1 slices of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
9. Broil scaloppini to let cheese melt, but not turn brown.
10. Remove and top each turkey slice with 1 spoonful of tomato sauce.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendie