Turkey Breast in Fricassea
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Turkey Breast, Cut into Small Cubes
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Egg Yolks
2 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup White Wine
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1 ea Scallion, Chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a large, nonstick skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the scallion and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
4. Add the turkey to the skillet.
5. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Remove the turkey from the skillet and keep warm.
7. In a bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, egg yolks and lemon juice.
8. Add the wine to the skillet and simmer until it reduces by half.
9. Turn the heat to low and slowly pour in the egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly.
10. Cook until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
11. Do not boil or scramble the yolk.
12. Return the turkey to the pan and cook until heated through.
13. Toss with the sauce and serve.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue