Tomatoes Stuffed with Chicken, Peas and Potatoes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Large Tomatoes
1 cup White Meat, Cooked, Cut into 1/2inch cubes
4 ea Anchovy Fillets, Chopped Fine
1 cup Potatoes, Cooked, Cut into 1/2inch cubes
1/2 cup Green Peas, Fresh or Frozen
4 ea Scallions, Sliced Thin
4 ea Large Radicchio Leaves (or 8 small)
2 tbsp Capers, Drained
1 cup Oil and Vinegar Dressing, Divided
1 tbsp Fresh Tarragon, Finely Chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
Salt, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and core tomatoes.
2. Widen the opening of each tomato by cutting away more at the stem end.
3. Carefully scoop out the pulp from each tomato.
4. Coarsely chop the pulp and place in a mixing bowl.
5. Salt the insides of the tomatoes, place upside down and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
6. Add the chicken, potatoes, peas, capers, anchovies, tarragon and pepper to the bowl with the tomato pulp.
7. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss well.
8. Add more dressing if the mixture seems dry.
9. Adjust seasoning to taste.
10. Arrange the radicchio leaves on individual plates.
11. Arrange tomatoes on top and stuff them generously.
12. Top with sliced scallions.
13. Spoon some extra dressing over the top of each.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, June 2011 Issue