Tomato, Olive and Caper Ziti
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Ziti (or Penne)
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 lb Tomatoes, Seeded and Chopped
1/2 cup Italian Black Olives, Chopped
3 tbsp Capers
1/2 cup Basil Leaves, Torn
1 pinch Red Chile Flakes
Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated, For Garnish
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, combine oil, garlic and red chile flakes.
3. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, olive, salt and pepper.
5. Cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Add the drained pasta, capers and basil.
7. Toss well to coat.
8. Top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue