Tomato and Prosciutto Rigatoni
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Rigatoni
1/2 cup Prosciutto, Diced
1 can (28oz) Plum Tomatoes, Drained and Crushed by hand
1/2 cup Onion, Diced
8 ea Garlic Cloves, Cut the size of a dime
1/2 cup Italian Parsley, Chopped
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Red Chile Flakes
Grana Padano, Grated, For Topping
Pinch of Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the rigatoni according to package instructions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the prosciutto and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, except the cheese, and cook 4 to 5 minutes more.
5. Remove 1/2cup of the pasta water and add to the skillet.
6. Stir well.
7. Add the drained pasta and continue to cook until liquid has almost all evaporated.
8. top with Grana Padano.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, June 2011 Issue