Tagliatelle with Creamed Prosciutto Sauce
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
4 oz Prosciutto, Very lean, In one piece
8 tbsp Sweet Butter
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
3/4 cup Parmigiano Cheese, Grated
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
1 lb Tagliatelle Pasta
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta until just al dente and drain.
3. Meanwhile, cut the prosciutto into cubes.
4. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over low heat.
5. Add the prosciutto and sauté it lightly for 1 minute.
6. Add the cooked pasta to the pan.
7. Immediately pour the cream over the pasta and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
8. Gently mix all the ingredients together.
9. Add cheese and mix again.
10. Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve immediately.
Giuliano Bugialli’s Foods of ITALY