Tagliatelle with Bolognese Ragu
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Dried Tagliatelle Pasta
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Red Wine
1/3 cup Tomato Paste
3 cups Beef Broth, Divided
1 ea Onion, Finely Chopped
1 ea Carrot, Diced
1 ea Celery Stalk, Diced
4 oz Pancetta, Finely Diced
1/2 cup Light Cream
3 tbsp Butter
3/4 lb Ground Pork Loin
3/4 lb Ground Beef Chuck
1/4 to 1/2 cup Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a large pot, combine olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and pancetta.
2. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add the pork and beef and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add the wine, tomato paste, 1 cup of broth and salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
6. Add the remaining broth, ½ a cup at a time during the 2 hours to keep the liquid.
7. The sauce should be very thick at the end of the 2 hours.
8. Add the cream and butter, stir well.
9. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
10. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the sauce pot.
11. Add the water.
12. Toss well and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue