Serves 24 Cookies
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Egg
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 cups Flour
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Clove
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 ea Orange Peel, Zest
1 cup Molasses
1/3 cup Canola Oil
1 tsp Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, salt, baking powder and canola oil together.
3. Add orange zest, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and walnuts.
4. Gradually add the 3 cups of flour.
5. Lastly, add the molasses to form a workable dough.
6. Roll the dough out into “S” shapes.
7. Bake until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue