Sun-Dried Tomato Panini
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 ea Sun-Dried Tomatoes
6 ea Basil Leaves
4 slices of Toasted Bread
3 tbsp Butter
1 ea Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Ball
Method of Preparation
1. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and put in a bowl.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Add the basil leaves, mix well and marinade for an hour (You can skip steps 1-3 by using jarred Sun-Dried Tomatoes in oil).
4. Drain the mozzarella and cut into slices.
5. Place mozzarella onto 2 slices of bread and top with tomatoes.
6. Top with another slice of bread and press together lightly.
7. In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter.
8. Cook the sandwiches over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
9. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue