Sun Dried Tomato and Broccoli Rabe Pasta
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 oz Penne Pasta
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb Broccoli Rabe, Rinsed, Cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces
1 ea Garlic Clove, Chopped
2 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil), Roughly Chopped
1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring two large pots of water to a boil.
2. Blanch the broccoli rabe in one of the pots for 1 minute.
3. Use a slotted spoon to remove the rabe from the hot water to a bowl of ice water.
4. Drain the rabe and pat dry.
5. Salt the other pot of boiling water and cook the penne pasta for 10 minutes.
6. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
7. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add the chili flakes.
8. Add the blanched broccoli rabe, sprinkle with salt, mix well and sauté for 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and pasta.
10. Top with black pepper and the Parmesan cheese.
11. Mix well and serve immediately.