Stuffed Peppers with Rice
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Green or Yellow Peppers
6 tbsp Olive Oil
1 ea Onion, Chopped
5 oz Rice
1/2 liter Beef Broth
3 1/2 oz Ham, Boiled and cut in strips
1 1/2 oz Salami, Cut in strips
7 oz Mozzarella, Diced
1 ea Garlic Clove
1 tsp Parsley, Minced
4 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Cut stems of peppers leaving seeds intact.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil and over low heat, sauté the onions until transparent.
3. Add the rice and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the beef broth and boil the rice for 15 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, add the ham and salami.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Mix the cheese, parsley and garlic into the meat and rice mixture.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
10. Drizzle remaining oil on a baking pan.
11. Add the peppers and cover.
12. Bake for 60 minutes at 400 degrees F.
13. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese before serving.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi