Strawberry, Shrimp and Feta Salad
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
For the Vinaigrette:
3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Shallots, Chopped
2 tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
For the Salad:
3/4 lb Raw Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
2 cups Strawberries, Stemmed and Quartered
1/3 cup Red Onion, Sliced
4 oz Feta Cheese, Crumbled
1 ea Cucumber, Sliced
8 cups Mixed Salad Greens
Method of Preparation
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients.
2. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, toss the onion with 1 tbsp of the vinaigrette.
4. Set aside.
5. Grill the shrimp for 5 minutes, turning once, until pink and cooked through.
6. In another small bowl, toss the strawberries with 1 tbsp of the vinaigrette.
7. In a large bowl, toss the greens and onions with enough of the vinaigrette to lightly coat.
8. Divide among 4 salad plates.
9. Arrange the strawberries and shrimp on top of the greens.
10. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and garnish with slices of cucumber.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue