3-4 Hours Inactive
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
5 cups Strawberries, Cleaned, Stemmed and Sliced
1 tsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
Method of Preparation
1. In a medium saucepan combine the water and sugar.
2. Cook on medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Puree the strawberries with lemon juice.
5. Combine strawberry puree and syrup.
6. Pour through a strainer to remove the seeds and skins.
7. With the back of a spoon, push the berries through to release all of the juice.
8. Combine the juice with the syrup and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
9. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
10. Freeze until the mixture becomes slushy, approximately 60 minutes.
11. Break up the crystals with a fork and continue freezing, breaking up the crystals a second time after 30 minutes.
12. Repeat process for another 30 minutes.
13. Remove and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue