STONEWALL KITCHEN’s Lemon Pound Cake
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
- 1 box STONEWALL KITCHEN Lemon Pound Cake
- 8 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Room Temperature
- 2 ea Eggs, Room Temperature
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease an 8×4 ½ in loaf pan and line with parchment paper, set aside.
3. Pour ½ cup of the cake mix into the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer can be used).
4. Add the butter and mix on medium-low several minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
6. Add the lemon zest and mix for 30 seconds.
7. Add the remaining cake mix alternately with milk, starting and ending with the dry mix.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake in the center of the oven for 45-55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Cool 10 minutes on a rack.
11. Remove from pan and cool completely.
12. For the glaze, empty glaze mix into a medium-sized bowl.
13. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and stir.
14. Add additional 1 tsp lemon juice at a time until the glaze is thin enough to pour easily, but not too thin that it will run off the pound cake.
15. Pour glaze over the pound cake and allow to dry.
16. Cut into 14 slices and serve!