Stonewall Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore
- 3 1/2-4 1/2 pounds chicken pieces, bone in and skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
Method of Preparation
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter in a large heavy straight sided sauté pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add chicken pieces in small batches and cook until browned on all sides. Set chicken aside and cover with foil until all chicken is done.
- Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of fat.
- Return chicken to pan and add Cacciatore Simmering Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite rice or pasta recipe.