Steamed Clams with Fennel
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Gently Smashed
4 1/2 lbs Manila or Small Littleneck Clams, Scrubbed
1/2 cup Dry White Wine
2 tbsp Fennel Fronds, Finely Chopped
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. In a large Dutch oven or wide heavy pot with a lid, heat oil and garlic over medium-high heat.
2. Stir frequently for 3 minutes.
3. Add the clams, wine and fennel.
4. Cover the pan and cook until the clams open, 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Divide among the bowls, sprinkle with additional fennel fronds and pepper.
6. Serve immediately.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2013 Issue