Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
2 tbsp Butter
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
3 tbsp Red Wine
2 ea New York Strip Steaks (about 1 lb total)
Dried Rosemary, To Taste
Dried Sage, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a skillet, heat the butter and 2 tbsp of the oil over medium/high heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3, stirring constantly.
3. Remove the garlic.
4. Crush the rosemary and sage between your fingertips to release the oils, then add to the skillet.
5. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
7. Increase the heat to high, add the steak, cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
8. Add the wine, cover and cook for 1 minute more.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue