Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Carrots, Grated
10 ea Hazelnuts, Chopped
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
1/4 ea Celery Stalk
1/2 ea Apple
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
6 ea Slices of White Bread, Firm
8 1/2 oz Fontina Cheese, Thinly Sliced
Stuffed Olives, Sliced
Pinch of Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Place the carrots, hazelnuts, sugar, lemon juice and mayonnaise into a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Cut the slices of bread diagonally, then into triangles.
3. Cut the Fontina cheese diagonally, then into triangles.
4. Spread each of the bread triangles with a thick layer of vegetable spread and top with a piece of cheese.
5. Garnish with a few slices of olives.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi