Spinach and Fontina Cream Sauce over Ravioli
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 lb Spinach Leaves
4 oz Fontina Cheese, Cut into small cubes
2/3 cup Heavy Cream
2/3 cup Whole Milk
1 ea Egg Yolk
1 lb Cheese Ravioli (or whatever your favorite ravioli is!)
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat.
3. Add spinach and 1/4 tsp salt, stir frequently until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat.
5. In a separate, medium saucepan, combine cheese, cream, milk and the egg yolk over low heat.
6. Whisk frequently until cheese is fully melted, about 12 minutes.
7. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until the ravioli float to the top of the pot.
8. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a colander to drain, then transfer to serving plates.
9. Top with the spinach sauce and serve immediately.
www.lacucinaitalianamag.com La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2012 Issue