Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Penne
1 lb Ripe Tomatoes
7 oz Pancetta, Diced
1 ea Onion, Diced
2 ea Garlic Cloves
1/2 ea Hot Read Pepper
2 oz Pecorino, Grated
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Method of Preparation
1. Bring salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the penne for 10-12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, boil the tomatoes until soft enough to remove the skin.
4. Slice into small pieces, leaving the seeds and core intact.
5. Heat oil in a pan, sauté the onion, pancetta, hot pepper and garlic together.
6. When the onion begins to brown, add the tomatoes and basil.
7. Cook for several minutes over high heat in an uncovered pot.
8. Add salt.
9. Remove the hot red pepper.
10. Drain the penne and immediately pour into the sauce.
11. Mix in ½ of the Pecorino.
12. Serve immediately with the remaining Pecorino on top.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi