Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Capers and Olives
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Spaghetti
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
4 cups Canned Italian Plum Tomatoes, With their Juices, Put through a food mill to remove the seeds
4 ea Anchovy Fillets
8 ea Black Olives, Pitted, Sliced Thin
2 tbsp Capers, Rinsed
1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the anchovies, garlic, parsley, capers and olives.
3. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook, while stirring, for 6 to 7 minutes more.
6. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
7. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender but still firm to the bite.
8. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
9. Mix everything quickly over low heat.
10. Adjust seasoning to taste.
11. Serve warm.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue