Spaghetti with Tomato and Pancetta
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Spaghetti
1/2 lb Tomatoes
3 1/2 oz Pancetta, Diced
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 ea Onion, Diced
1 small piece of Spicy Red Hot Pepper
2 oz Pecorino Romano, Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Boil tomatoes until soft enough to remove skin.
2. Cut into small pieces, leaving the seeds and inner pulp intact.
3. Heat oil in a pan, sauté pancetta until transparent.
4. Add the diced onion and sauté for 1 minute, then add in the tomatoes.
5. Simmer over low heat.
6. Boil salted water and cook spaghetti for 8-10 minutes then drain.
7. Place the drained spaghetti in a warm bowl.
8. Remove hot pepper from sauce.
9. Pour ½ of the sauce and ½ of the Pecorino over the spaghetti and mix well.
10. The pour remaining sauce and Pecorino over top, serve immediately.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi