Spaghetti with Broccoli
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Spaghetti, Cooked according to package directions
8 ea Garlic Cloves
1/4 tsp Dried Chile Flakes
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 lbs Broccoli Heads and Stems
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Method of Preparation
1. Take broccoli and trim off ends and peel back coarse surface on stems.
2. Cut up stems and heads and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, combine olive oil, garlic and chile flakes.
4. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
5. Add the broccoli and cover.
6. Cook for 15 to 17 minutes more.
7. Remove 1/2 a cup of water from the pasta and add to the skillet.
8. Add the drained pasta, salt and pepper.
9. Mix to coat well.
10. When the liquid is almost evaporated, remove and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue