Sole “Braciole” with Almond-Biscuit Crumbs
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 1/4 lb Sole Fillets, Skinless
3/4 cup Butter Biscuits, Coarsely Crushed (Such as Leibniz)
3/4 cup Butter, Coarsely Crushed
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Marsala Wine
1/2 cup Almonds, Blanched
1 1/2 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, Coarsely Chopped, Plus extra for Garnish
Fine Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the biscuits, nuts, parsley and a generous pinch of salt until coarsely chopped.
4. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Stir in 2 tsp of the oil.
6. Cut the fillets lengthwise in half.
7. Spread a thin layer of nut mixture evenly over the skin-side of the fish pieces (reserve the remaining filling).
8. Roll up the fish and secure with a toothpick.
9. Arrange on the prepared baking pan.
10. Drizzle the fish with the remaining 2 tbsp oil and the wine.
11. Bake for 5 minutes.
12. Sprinkle the remaining nut mixture over the top of the fish.
13. Bake for2 to 3 minutes more, until fish is cooked through.
14. Serve warm and garnished with parsley.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, May/June 2013 Issue