Smoked Salmon, Pancetta and Eggs with Spaghetti
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Spaghetti
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 oz Smoked Salmon, Diced
4 oz Pancetta, Sliced Thick, Diced
2 ea Egg Yolks
3 ea Whole Eggs
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated, Divided
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a large serving dish (that can later accommodate the pasta) beat the eggs and the yolks with half of the Parmigiano cheese.
2. Season with salt and generously with pepper.
3. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
5. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
6. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
7. Add the pancetta and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Add the salmon and cook for 1 minute more.
9. Drain the spaghetti, add to the skillet and mix until the pasta and sauce are well combined.
10. Stir the pasta and its sauce into the eggs.
11. Add the remaining Parmigiano and mix well.
12. Adjust seasoning to taste.
13. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue