Sicilian Whipped Espresso
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Sugar
6 ea Espresso-Sized Cups of Freshly Brewed Espresso (the contents of a 6 cup espresso pot)
Method of Preparation
1. Place the sugar in a large cup.
2. Begin brewing the espresso.
3. As soon as about 1 cup has brewed, remove the espresso pot from the heat and pour the cup of espresso into the cup of sugar.
4. Return the pot to the stove to brew remaining 5 cups.
5. Mix the espresso and sugar together vigorously for 3 minutes.
6. Place a spoonful of the sweetened coffee foam in each of 6 espresso cups.
7. Pour the freshly brewed espresso down the sides of the cups so the sugar rests on top.
8. Serve immediately.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 3, 2014 Issue