Sicilian Tuna Rolls
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
5 ea Tuna Slices (fresh)
1 ea Onion, Diced
1 cup Olive Oil
2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
4 tbsp Fruity Italian White Wine
4 slices Mozzarella
12 ea Fresh Basil Leaves
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Cut up 1 slice of Tuna into 2 small pieces.
2. Heat 1/2 cup olive oil and sauté the onion over low heat until transparent.
3. Sauté the fish.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add breadcrumbs and wine and stir.
6. Spread this paste on the other 4 slices of Tuna place 1 slice of Mozzarella and a basil leaf on top.
7. Roll up and close with a toothpick.
8. Fry in remaining olive oil, until brown on all sides for approx.5 minutes.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi