Sicilian Grilled Chicken
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skinless
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Basil Leaves
1 cup Tomatoes, Chopped
2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano
1/4 cups Almonds
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. In a food processor, blend the almonds, garlic, basil and salt and pepper.
2. Add the tomatoes, cheese, tomato paste, water and oil and process until chopped.
3. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
4. Brush the grill or grill pan with oil.
5. Salt and pepper the chicken.
6. Grill the chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
7. Transfer chicken to a platter and spoon prepared sauce over top.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue