Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Linguini
1 lb Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
1/2 cup Dry White Wine
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
4 tbsp Butter, Divided
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 ea Shallots, Diced Fine
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/4 cup Parsley Leaves, Chopped Fine
Red Pepper Flakes, To Taste
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta for 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter with 2 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet.
6. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then add them to the skillet.
8. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink.
9. Remove the shrimp from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
10. Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
11. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of oil.
12. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Add the shrimp back into the skillet.
14. Add the parsley and cooked pasta.
15. Toss well to coat everything with the sauce.
16. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
17. Drizzle with additional olive oil and serve immediately.