Shiitake Marsala Butter Sauce with Sautéed Lobster
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
2 ea 1 3/4 lb Live Lobsters
8 oz Linguine
10 tbsp Chilled Butter, Divided
12 oz Shiitake Mushroms, Stemmed and Sliced
1 3/4 cup Dry Marsala
6 Cups Arugula
Method of Preparation
1. Cook lobster in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes (lobsters will be slightly undercooked). Cool slightly.
2. Working over a bowl, twist off the tails and claws.
3. Crack the claws and remove meat, leaving meat intact.
4. Using kitchen shears, cut shell from tail meat. Cut the tail meat into bite sized pieces.
5. Place the tail meat and claw meat into a bowl together.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until tender but still firm to the bite.
7. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
9. Add Marsala, bring to boil and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
10. Whisk in remaining 8 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp at a time.
11. Stir in lobster meat and any juices.
12. Heat until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
13. Add pasta, toss.
14. Add arugula and stir for 1 minute.
15. Season with salt and pepper.