Seared Scallops Over Zesty Orange Spaghetti
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
12 ea Scallops
1 lb Spaghetti, Cooked, 2 cups Pasta Water Reserved
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 ea Egg Yolks
3 ea Oranges, Juiced and the Zest of One Orange
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, Grated
3 cups Arugula
6 ea Scallions, Sliced Thin, Whites and Greens Separated
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the scallion whites and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and the spaghetti to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining 1 cup of pasta water.
5. Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add the egg mixture. Stirring constantly.
6. Add the orange zest, juice, Parmigiano Reggiano and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Simmer for 2 minutes to thicken, constantly stirring as to not let the egg scamble
8. In a separate skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
9. Season each side of the scallops with salt and pepper.
10. When the pan is smoking hot, add the scallops.
11. Sear each scallop on one side until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then turn each scallop over and sear the other side until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Plate the pasta with the scallops on top and garnish with the scallion greens.