Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Herbs
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Scampi or Shrimp Tails, Cleaned
1 1/4 oz Butter, Unsalted
1 small glass Italian Brandy
20 ea Basil Leaves
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 1/4 oz Gorgonzola
1 1/4 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Mix the grated cheese with the herbs and mustard to form a paste.
2. Lightly beat the eggs, add salt and pepper.
3. Continue whisking until slightly foamy.
4. Melt 1/2 of the butter in a pan under a low flame and pour in the beaten eggs.
5. When this mixture becomes somewhat solid on the bottom, stir continuously.
6. Slowly fold in the butter and then add the herb mixture to the semi-soft eggs.
7. Remove from heat and continue to stir until the desired creamy consistency has been reached.
8. Serve immediately on a slice of toasted bread.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi