Scampi al Gorgonzola
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Scampi or Shrimp Tails, Cleaned
1 1/4 oz Butter, Unsalted
1 small glass Italian Brandy
20 ea Basil Leaves
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 1/4 oz Gorgonzola
1 1/4 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Coat scampi tails in flour.
2. Melt butter in a sauté pan and quickly cook the scampi.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Turn heat to high, pour in the brandy and deglaze the pan while continuously stirring.
5. Tear the basil leaves and add them to the pan.
6. Add the scampi, heavy cream and gorgonzola as well.
7. Butter 4, small, flat baking pans.
8. Arrange the scampi and top with sauce.
9. Sprinkle parmigiana over and broil until the cheese is golden brown.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi