Savory Ham and Cheese Snack
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Hot, Dried Chili Peppers
Slices of Grana Padano
Slices of Cooked Ham
Method of Preparation
1. Chop the tomatoes and place in an oiled, salted saucepan.
2. Add dried chili peppers and oregano to taste.
3. Simmer for 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat.
4. Spread some of the sauce over the sliced bread.
5. Top with the cooked ham and Grana Padano.
6. Add an additional spoonful of the sauce to the top.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 5-7 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
8. Serve immediately.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivend