Savory Chicken with Gnocchi
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 ea Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skinless, Halved
1 ea Onion, Cut into 1/2inch wedges
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Diced
1 package Gnocchi (Fresh or Frozen)
2 cans (28oz) Diced Tomatoes, Drained Well
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1/2 tsp Chile Flakes
2 sprigs Rosemary
1 pinch Oregano, Dried
1 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet, combine the olive oil, garlic and chile flakes.
2. Cook over medium high heat for 4 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, sugar, salt, rosemary, wine and onion.
4. Bring to a boil, add chicken and cook for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to package directions.
6. Drain and add to the tomato sauce.
7. Stir in well.
8. Arrange the chicken over the gnocchi.
9. Top with parsley and serve warm.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue