Sausage and Cannellini Bean Frittata
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 oz Sweet or Spicy Italian Sausage, Casings removed and crumbled
1/4 cup Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed
6 ea Eggs
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
1 tsp Rosemary, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet, warm the oil over medium heat.
3. Add the sausage and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add the beans and season with salt and pepper.
5. In a bowl, beat the eggs, Parmigiano and rosemary together.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
8. Cook until the bottom is set, about 5 minutes.
9. Transfer the skillet to the oven.
10. Bake for 15 minutes.
11. Serve immediately.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue