Rosemary Cannellini Beans
15 Minutes Plus Soaking
Most ingredients are available in the market!
2 cups Dried Cannellini Beans
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 ea Garlic Cloves, Peeled, Finely Chopped
3 oz Pancetta, In one piece
3 tbsp Rosemary
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Soak the beans overnight in a bowl of cold water.
2. The next morning drain the beans and rinse them under cold running water. Put in a baking dish and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Cut the pancetta into 1/2in cubes.
5. Add the pancetta, garlic, oil and rosemary to the baking dish with the beans.
6. Pour in enough cold water to come 1in about the beans.
7. Cover the dish and bake for 1 1/2hours, stirring 2 to 3 times.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Remove the casserole from the oven and let the beans cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Giuliano Bugialli’s Foods of ITALY