Roasted Winter Squash
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Winter Squash (Butternut, Turban, Acorn)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Other seasonings of your choice- basil, oregano, orange zest
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pierce the squash with a knife.
3. Place in a microwave safe dish and cook on high for 2 minutes to soften the skin.
4. Cut the squash and half and scoop out the seeds.
5. Cut the halves into wedges, then cut the peel away from the inner flesh of the squash.
6. Cut the pieces into bite sized chunks.
7. Brush the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese.
10. Season with additional salt and pepper or other seasonings of your choice.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue